There is no wedding without a cake. So if you hire a photographer he or she must take a good photo about this cake.
I would like to give you some hot tips about wedding cakes, the costs and what to look for.
Do you know what is the average price for a cake?
- According to The Bridal association of America it is $543 and the most bakeries and pastry chefs will charge you by the slice. The estimated price for a more low-end cake in chocolate or vanilla paired with a sheet cake is $1.50. Higher-end cakes run $5-6 per slice, and the multi-tiered cakes with elaborate fillings and decorations will be $10 and even more.
- Find a local bakery you know and can trust (you don’t want that the cake turns out in a disaster) or check on yelp.com for the best reviews in your area.
- Ask for a trial piece of cake before you spend hundreds of dollars; do this with several bakeries and buy the best one.
- Some caterer also offer cakes, you always can work out a deal with the caterer you hired.
Tips to save some $$ on the wedding cake
- Do you have someone in your family or amongst your friends who is a really good baker? Ask him or her for a cake and work out some good exchange.
- You can get a tall, tiered wedding cake without paying what they normally cost if you tell your baker to put one tier of real cake, the one where you will cut, on top of fake tiers made of Styrofoam and icing; then have a sheet cake waiting in the back to be cut.
- There are bakers who are new in the wedding cake business and will get you a better deal, as they can use the cake for their promotion.
- On weddings fairs and shows you sign the contract on the same day and receive a good discount.
all photos by MandalayPhotography.com